Wednesday, December 06, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Takes A Break From Christmas




I'm taking a little break from Christmas And Coffee to play with the new STAMP Club stamp set, Fluttery, which has coordinating dies.



I stamped the frame and sentiment onto gold coloured quilting metal, which has been in my stash forever.


Then I placed it on a foam mat and traced over it with a stylus to get an embossed plaque, which I cut out.


I stamped the potted flower on white card, sloshed some Distress Ink watercolours on it and fussy cut it. Or, I could have die cut it if I had my thinking head on.


Yesterday I was playing at making backgrounds using Distress Inks and Viva Decor Inka Gold. This piece turned out a little dark and heavy, and I contemplated throwing it in the bin, but you just never know when something is going to be the perfect fit. Like now. The depth of colour helps to highlight the flowerpot, and the darker shade at the bottom works really well as shadow for the pot.


When I lined up my panel and sentiment on the base card it all looked a bit flat, so I used some mixed media stamps to add a bit of detail. Then it was just a case of assembling the card.


Here's a closer look at the shimmer and shine.


You can get your hands on these stamps (and dies for free) if you're a member of the Premium Stamp Club. Click here for details. Otherwise you can use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY to get 20% off the purchase price.

Throughout December all stamps, stencils, and dies (except for products in the New Release and Retiring categories) are 30% off with code HOLIDAY2017 (good for 1 time use only and not combinable with other codes). Happy shopping!

9 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)