Tuesday, September 26, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Maria Creates a Card Around Leftovers



Hello STAMPlorations friends! Did you see my last spotlight card - with Distress Oxides and Distress Inks and geometric shapes?


Today I made a card to use that leftover "birthday" which I had die cut from that stamped panel. Here is the card.


STEP 1
Gathered my supplies - the leftover die cut I'd cut with Birthday Word die, distress oxide in Cracked Pistachio, Just Squares Mini stencil and paste and Christmas Cookies and Scribbly Splattery Grunge stamp sets.



STEP 2
The colors on the leftover led to my color choice of Cracked Pistachio so I swiped some onto a white snippet. Not to worry, all that ink on the craft mat did not get wasted ;)



STEP 3
Using one of the grunge stamps, I picked it up right off the mat and stamped the image multiple times onto my cardbase.



STEP 4
Then I taped down the stencil and applied embossing paste. I really like that the shapes on the mini stencils are smaller scaled. Not only do they lend themselves to ATCs and tags, but also to smaller spots of pattern or texture on cards.

In the second photo you can see that I kept the paste application intentionally imperfect.




STEP 5
Last step was to heat emboss a portion of the sentiment onto my inked snippet. I covered the part of the sentiment I didn't want to use with cellophane tape before inking it, and then pulled off the tape before stamping. This is an option to "stamp surgery" on small sentiments.



To finish it off I adhered the die cut and secondary sentiment to my cardbase.



Remember if you try out any of the techniques, like creating a card from leftovers, from our spotlight posts, hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.


TschĂĽss,
Maria


Products Maria used in today's project:

  

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun card. Love that you created 2 different looks with the positive and negative of your die cut sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did ... it was so cool, Maria ... as is this one! Love how you created so much interest and texture and still kept it so crisp and clean! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)