Thursday, May 25, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Faux Cut-Across Die Cutting


Hi, Cornelia here today. You may have seen those word dies where you can cut across the entire card and add different types of paper either on top or at the bottom and have the word in a contrasting color in between. I thought I can re-create that with a regular word die.



My stamp supplies:
preview-SheryRuss_TrendySpringBlooms  birthday-worddie


Lets get started:


I made myself a background paper with those pretty flowers from the April STAMPlorations stamp club set, Trendy Spring Blooms. Stamped the flowers in yellow and heat embossed them in clear.


Added oxide inks.


Die cut the Birthday out of my background paper and also in black card stock.


Put the  background paper onto white card stock and lined them up exactly. Fitted the die in again and secured it with washi tape.


That's what you end up with. Marked my cut line with pencil


and cut it.


Fitted it all together.

I still wanted a little bit more on my background, so I added some leaves in blue (same ink) and some water drops. Added the "happy" and tiny Nuvo drops. 




Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA
to get 20% off all regular- and sale-priced stamps, stencils, and dies in the store.

Happy Faux Cut-across Die Cutting!

12 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)