Tuesday, December 09, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Vicki Goes Bright & Vivid!


Hi, all! It's Vicki here. I am so impressed by the bright and vivid coloring I am seeing in blogland, and even with the fabulous team here at STAMPlorations! I wanted to see if I could accomplish it. Today's card is all about color and more color.

Here is the finished card:


Did I accomplish my goal? :) I think so!


I started by crumpling up tissue paper.


I glued it to a piece of pre-cut cardstock.


Using a sponge applicator and Distress inks, I added on color.


Using a stencil, I applied embossing paste and let it dry.

Base panel done!


I went on to another piece of cardstock and started applying ink -- heavily, starting with the lightest color and building towards the darker.
I used Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Persimmon, and Fired Brick.


Once I got the color as bright and vivid as I wanted, I stamped the flower from Bloom Sketches, along with a sentiment, and a butterfly from Trendy Butterflies. I fussy cut them out and adhered onto the tissue card panel. I adhered that panel onto a black card base to make the colors POP even more!




I am loving my bright, vivid card! :)


See ya next time!


Stamps Vicki used in today's project:

   
BloomSketches.jpeg    stmp1082.jpeg

Bloom Sketches is the August/September 2014 set in the STAMPlorations stamp club! Join the club and get this set shipped to you for free wherever you are in the world! Stamp club subscribers enjoy lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set like Trendy Butterflies included in every 3rd shipment (or immediately when they sign up for the semi-annual subscription). Read more about our stamp club here


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for December. We'll pick a commenter to win $10 worth of a new product we're introducing in January. (Hint: it's flat, light, and you can do all sorts of fun things with it!) We'll announce the winner on January 1!

22 comments:

  1. You've definitely accomplished your goal, Vicki - bright, vivid, beautiful!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours really work well as do the textures. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! Soooo lovely. This is going on my pin board for sure! All those fabulous textures and saturated colors. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing background, Vicki! Love the colors and the textures of the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the subtle pattern from the stencil and the bold colors in the background! The stamping really pops against the background. Fabulous results! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous vibrant colors, Vicki! Love what you did with these stamps and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card shouts in vivid color! I absolutely love your background and the flowers just scream! This is a oerfect oick up for the winter blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that textured background with the bright colors. Those flowers are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. agreed with previous comments - bold, right and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I´m loving your Card too ;o)
    and I love the tutorial you gave with -thanks
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love crumpling up tissue paper, i thought i was the only one :). Colours are wonderful and really brighten up a winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bright,bold n Beautiful ! The base panel textures are FABulous..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is GORGEOUS, Vicki! LOVE the bold and bright colors--and the texture is phenomenal! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this fun technique. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful card for December! love your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card! Love the colors and the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)