Thursday, December 11, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Finds A Use for Offcuts!

{Looking for the Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop post? Click here! There are prizes!}


Remember this card?


Well, this is what was left over from cutting the baubles (I know I could have grouped the circles closer together, but I specifically wanted those areas for the baubles):




Far too much goodness to throw away. So I sliced it into text strips, then I stamped some images onto another piece of white card with Versamark and white-embossed, then sponged Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, and Salty Ocean over the images. You get the extra colours (orange, purple, green) where the three main colours overlap.






Then I fussy-cut the images to use with the cut-off strips, and made two cards and a tag:








Great save!




Stamps Shirley used in today's project:



         

Joyful is the October/November set in the STAMPlorations stamp club! Join the club and get this set shipped to you for free wherever you are in the world! Read more about our stamp club here. We've got lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set like Trendy Butterflies sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription)


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for December. We'll pick a commenter to win $10 worth of a new product we're introducing in January. (Hint: it's flat, light, and you can do all sorts of fun things with it!) We'll announce the winner on January 1!

23 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I especially like the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ich liebe es wenn "Reste" sinnvoll verwertet werden...
    bei mir stapeln sich grade die Produktionsschnipsel *lol

    I love it when "radicals" is a meaningful new ...
    for me, the production snippets of Christmas cards piled * lol

    So amazing what you did with the Rests
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea, and I love using distress inks so even better. I especially love the "ho ho ho" card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Look at all those great cards you made from that one piece of paper! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards, love the textures & colours, outstanding creation. genius use of the leftovers, so very well thought out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cheerful cards..Wonderful idea to use the remaining piece , loved the colorful strips :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am IN LOVE with these fun bright colors! Just so super pretty and festive in a non-traditional way! Awesome! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the leftover piece. I love those fun, bright strips of sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever. I love the ornament card and to think you can get so many more creations from the scraps!! I with savor this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing use of leftovers and i love love LOVE the colours! I would think of using all this colours for Christmas, but you changed my mind. The colours are great for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to turn the 'leftovers' into a gourmet meal! Three fabulous cards, and the colours..oh my, swooning!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cards - loves the colors.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your first card, and the others made from the "leftovers" are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours and the CAS style from your leftovers. Great xmas cards. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. your scraps are better than my best card! :) beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the vibrant mix of colors, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the colors. Isn't it great when you find a way to use of the scraps. Beautiful projects. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards! Great colors and use of what most people would throw away.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)