Wednesday, December 10, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Nonni Creates A Sweet Print Dress Card!

{Looking for the Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop post? Click here! There are prizes!}



Hi guys! It's Nonni here having inky, girly fun :)

Before going to the details of my card, I want to thank everyone for leaving such encouraging comments on my Spotlight Project posts. I've truly enjoyed reading them all. This will be my last Spotlight Project for now but that doesn't mean I'm leaving STAMPlorations. I'm just concentrating on my DT cards for challenges from now on. A big thank you to you all and I hope to see you all playing along in the challenges with me! 


I used these STAMPlorations sets to make this card: Typografia: EncouragementDistressed Floral Swirls, and Trendy Butterflies.



The cut-out dress in my card is made with help of a dress template that I once got with a crafting magazine but you can find similar templates online or could even draw a dress freehand. I decided I wanted a funky, black and white print dress and stamped text all over my dress with black Versafine ink using a sentiment block stamp




I then worked on my glittery butterflies. They are stamped with Hero Arts neon inks and heat embossed with Wow! embossing glitter. They are really shiny and sparkly IRL!




I stamped decorative borders to my base card with black Versafine and decided some sparkle is needed for them as well...This time I used Wink of Stella glitter pen. It gives a more sophisticated, subtle look than the shiny embossing glitter!




Once all my elements were ready, I assembled the dress and it was SO much fun. I decided it needed an apron (!) out of a piece of doily. Maybe I just needed an excuse to somehow add a doily to my card...Not doily obsessed at all... and made a belt out of a piece of ribbon. 

Then I arranged the fussy-cut butterflies over the dress, added half pearls to them, and decided it looked ready :) The card has quite a lot of dimension: the dress is adhered using thick 3D tape and there's 3D sticker adhesive under the butterflies too. Let's have a look at the final card again!



As I said before, thank you so much for all the support for my Spotlight Projects... And have a very merry Christmas!


Stamps Nonni used in today's project:



         


Trendy Butterflies is the first 4" by 6" stamp set that stamp club subscribers will receive for free as part of their subscription! It's one of the many perks of being in the club! A free 4" by 6" stamp set like Trendy Butterflies is included in every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription). Join the club and get your stamp club stamps shipped to you for free wherever you are in the world! Read more about our stamp club here


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for December. We'll pick a commenter to win $10 worth of a new product we're introducing in January. (Hint: it's flat, light, and you can do all sorts of fun things with it!) We'll announce the winner on January 1!

20 comments:

  1. I love this card! Great concept using the words on the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Little doily Apron *gg
    and the way the Card cames is amazing written...
    TFS
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great card. Fab to see the techniques and steps that you have used. thanks for your inspiration over the last months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool way to use a big ol sentiment stamp! I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant and classic dress card! Could be used for engagement, bridal shower or wedding card. The beautiful designer dress with words on it, is giving a modern look. Thanks for sharing your inspirational projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous - love the text on the dress with the pops of colour from the butterflies and, of course, the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Butterflies in neon are so great with black and white dress.And it is a lovely dress. I love how you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool with the text on the dress and doily apron! Love the added little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heading hinted something pretty ..but the dress is different trendy !! Loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet, Nonni! LOVE all that amazing shine--just the perfect POP of color, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, Nonni...and such an innovative use of the stamps. Pretty, plus!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. great mix of stamps here--love the butterfly touches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a cute card, so many lovely elements!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)