Thursday, December 04, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Monika Goes Festive With the Vignette: Eat Drink Be Merry Set


Hello, everybody! It's Monika back again with another spotlight feature for you. Today I'm getting into the festive spirit by looking at quick and easy table decorations using the new VIGNETTE: Eat Drink Be Merry set.

When I first saw this set I knew it was perfect for adding that finishing touch to any festive table; hence, we are making place cards and napkin rings -- a couple of projects you can quite easily mass produce even for larger parties. It should only take you a couple of hours.

Here they are:



First up is the place card which I made from a die cut label (approx. 9 cm x 5.5 cm) and a little tab for the back (6.5 cm x 5 cm with a scored line at 4.5 cm measured on the longer side).

I stamped the sentiment along the lower edge of my label and the place setting above using Pool Party ink. I then added my diecut letters centrally to be in line with the lower edge of my stamped place settings before attaching my little folded tab at the back of my label to make my card stand.

Next, I used a strip of thin cardstock 15 cm x 4.5 cm and punched a decorative border alongside one length. I then simply stamped my place setting using Pool Party ink, softened my card somewhat using my fingers and attached both sides to form a ring before finishing off with a punched snowflake and matching pearl.
I made a little craft along video with the usual pointers as I go along.




Before I go, just a quick reminder about our DT call. If you're interested in joining this amazingly creative team, check out the details here.

That's it from me for today. I'll be back soon with more festive projects. Until then...Happy Crafting :-)



Stamps Monika used in today's project:



Prize alert! Leave a comment for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for December. We'll pick a commenter to win $10 worth of a new product we're introducing in January. (Hint: it's flat, light, and you can do all sorts of fun things with it!) We'll announce the winner on January 1!

18 comments:

  1. How cool! This would definitely impress guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stamp! This is great project! Thanks for sharing:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing project and your demo is fab too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a brilliant idea to use this set to make place cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to glam up a dinner table! Thanks for the video, Monika!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat to be a guest at the festive table, Monika! I also was impressed with the name tag tucked onto the place cards. Totally amazing! Thanks to share the video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and beautiful! Love the place card and napkin ring!

    http://craftconcoction.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your place card and napkin ring are both so pretty.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. An innovative way to use this stamp set, in a fashion that will have everyone at the table feeling quite special! Amazing inspiration; outstanding results!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for place cards. Love the green. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever - sure to brighten up a table :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea, it looks elegant and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty creations! LOVE the fun color scheme! I adore the metallic, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great colors for these--the silver looks great with the greens.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)