Monday, December 29, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Guest Designer Kim Makes A Couple More Christmas Thank You Cards


Hey, everyone! So happy to be here again sharing another Spotlight Project with you all. I have two more Christmas thank you cards to share. This time I'm playing with the Christmas bells stamp. I have had this set for a while but hadn't inked up the bells until now. I wanted to show you how just by changing the colour scheme you can make two cards with the exact same design look so different.





So, first I stamped my bells, once in black and once in brown. Then I coloured them with my Spectrum Noir markers. One was in a grey/silver and blue colour scheme, the other in a yellow/gold and red and green colour scheme. Then I fussy cut them out.


Next, I took two white card bases and on one I stamped the snowflakes from the Vignette: Christmas Block set in a pale sky (SU!) and the other in mellow moss (SU!). Then on the blue one I attached a strip of silver glitter tape (Darice) and on the green I attached gold glitter tape (Tapeworks).


I then adhered the bells on their respective card bases with some foam dots. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment from the Trendy Feathers set in black on both cards. It's rather amazing how two cards made exactly the same can look so different, isn't it? I'm definitely going to have to ink up those bells again too. They are so lovely.




Well, I hope you've enjoyed my cards today. I certainly enjoyed making them! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a fantastic day! Thanks again to STAMPlorations for having me guest design! It's been a blast :-)



Stamps Kim used in today's project:

      


Did you know that stamp club members get to pick the stamps they wish to receive with their subscription? They can pick from the premium 5" by 7" sets, but they can also choose from the other stamps we have in the shop, including the stamps Kim used in her  cards, so long as the sets have a combined value that is equivalent to the subscription cost. Stamp club sets also ship free worldwide.

We've got lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set like Trendy Butterflies sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription) and in 2015, we're including ARTplorations stencils ($10 value) to every stamp club package mailed out to subscribers! 

The stamp club price is only $25 every two months (inclusive of shipping). For more info and to sign upclick here.


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for December. We'll pick a commenter to win $10 worth of ARTplorations stencils. We'll announce the winner on January 1!

22 comments:

  1. LOVE the festive Christmas bells!! Really beautiful, Kim!! Congrats on your guest design here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous! I am loving the coloring and the fabulous metallic papers! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Kim! The bells are so festive and perfect for thank you cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't amazing how two cards can look so different just by the color! It is funny how the silver one looks more hard and the gold one looks more soft. Both of your cards are very nice and thanks for the spotlight.



    ReplyDelete
  5. My bells need some attention, too, Kim and you've provided some wonderful inspiration! Beautiful x two!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those are gorgeous, Kim! The glittery Washi tapes makes them extra festive! Wonderful to have you as GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazed me too see your both cards with different look using the same stamp, So beautiful and colorful! Love the glitter washi tape to made it extra festive, love it! Thanks for highlighting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Kim. Fantastic to see how choosing other colours changes the look completely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colouring on the ribbons is lovely, I love a tartan ribbon. And the snowflake background is perfect. Pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous, Kim! Love how you coloured the bells, you are showing them off beautifully. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the gold one with the shimmery snowflakes. Such a nice little touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cards - love the sparkle.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty cards!! Love the different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim Congrats on your Guest Design and all your cards are beautiful with lovely colors...I love it all...great idea... hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's amazing how different the two cards look because of the color differences! Both are great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards. Love the way you coloured the ribbons. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. You coloured them very nicely and they really look silver / gold. Cards look great. Amazing job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are beautiful! Your coloring is gorgeous and these are the perfect thank you cards for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)