Wednesday, August 13, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Nonni Has Fun with Inks!




Hello, STAMPlorations friends! It's Nonni here playing with two great stamp sets: Boxed Blooms and Bold Sentiments and VIGNETTE: Art Deco Border Builders. I also used a stencil; they are very popular right now and really handy too -- there's plenty of stencils for sale in STAMPlorations shop here if you are looking for trendy stencils!

I began the background of my card with stenciling the chevrons with Stormy Sky and Crushed Olive Distress Inks using a blusher brush - fab tip from STAMPlorations DT girl Monika! It's easy to blend the colours with the brush (especially when using Distress Inks) and you get a very vivid final result. After stenciling, I stamped the images from VIGNETTE: Art Deco Border Builders with black Versafine: it's a very highly pigmented black ink and perfect for getting good coverage. Here's a photo of the background still in process:



After stamping the entire background, it was time to work on my sentiments. I decided to use Memento Drew Drops - they are very small and it's easy to ink just part of the word with one colour and then change to another colour without messing up! This could be done with bigger ink pads too but the cat eye shaped ink pads make it very easy. Here's a photo of the sentiment panel getting ready, the stamp is inked and ready to roll:


Background stamped, sentiment panel stamped...Time to put all the elements together! I added the doily because the overall look was getting overly green and made me think about jungle or the army... With the doily it became a feminine card for a green-loving girl - I might end up keeping it myself. :)


A piece of ribbon and some gems finished off this Spotlight Project. I'll end my post with a front view of my card and wish you a fun, inky week! 


stmp1053.jpeg   stmp1031.jpeg

6 comments:

  1. Your background stamping is beautiful. Love the tones on the background and the sentiments. The doily is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool, Nonni! The images embossed over the stencil, the doily over the embossed images, and the dual coloured sentiment to top it all off...sensational!! Wonderful way to use the 'hello"...I'm focusing only on the flowers and need a reminder like this to play with the sentiments, too! Delightful!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stencilling, Nonni ... love the soft brushed look ... what a fab touch the doily is with all those green tones ... so feminine! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous way to build up a card and love the tip for the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous design, Nonni! I like using ink for stencils better than embossing paste; less messy and the results are just as nice, I think. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Nonni. Love the tip about using a blusher brush for sponging the stencil background --- will give that a try. Love the addition of the heart-shaped doily and the little hits of bright turquoise from the ribbon and gems. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)